Windows Update Causing Issue with Print 3-D Messages in this topic - RSS

Tajima Software
Tajima Software
Administrator

3/16/2021
Tajima Software
Tajima Software
Administrator
Update: The latest Windows update (KB5001649) resolves the issue affecting the Print 3-D setting. For most users, this will download automatically through your Windows Update program. If it does not download automatically, please follow these instructions to manually update your Windows OS:

1. Click on the Windows Start button.
2. Begin to type "Update."
3. Select "Check for Updates" from the menu when it appears.
4. If updates are already pending, click "Install Now" to begin. If there are no pending updates, click "Check Now" to start a search.
5. Select any of the available updates that you wish to install. Ensure that KB5001649 is selected. Click "Install Now."
6. After installation is complete, restart your computer.

Original Post:
It has come to our attention that a recent Windows 10 update (KB5000802) causes an issue when using the
"Print 3-D" setting within Tajima DG by Pulse. If this setting is enabled and the KB5000802 update is installed, it will print black squares over top of the design at this time.

If the Print 3-D option is disabled, there are no issues with the printout.

This appears to be a Windows issue, but we are investigating further to see if there is a solution from our side.
To fix this issue, you may uninstall the KB5000802 update shown below:

To uninstall Windows updates, open your Start menu and follow this path:

Settings > Update & Security > View Update History > Uninstall Updates

After uninstalling the update, we recommend rebooting Windows before opening Tajima DG by Pulse again.
edited by PulseMicro on 3/24/2021
0 link
pford1854
pford1854

3/20/2021
pford1854
pford1854
After installing updates released March 9, 2021 or March 15, 2021, you might get unexpected results when printing from some apps. Issues might include:

Elements of the document might print as solid black/color boxes or might be missing, including barcodes, QR codes, and graphics elements, such as logos.

Printing from some apps or to some printers might result in a blank page or label.

This issue is resolved in recent Mocrosoft Windows updates. Specifically KB5001649 which updates an issue that fails to print the graphical content in a document after installing the March 9, 2021 update.

I went through the standard Windows Update service, but after three attempts, it never would find, download, and install KB5001649 so I would up finding it manually. This is kind of a complex series of steps so I don't want to leave instructions. but basically, you have to download the correct version of KB5001649.msu file. Once you download it, double click on the file to manually install. Once installation is complete, and after you restart your computer, I was finally able to print 3D stitch sheets from my Pulse software.
+1 link