HomeDG16 General Discussion

Talk about anything related to Tajima DG16 by Pulse here

Looking for a better font - tips to make cleaner Messages in this topic - RSS

Hillhouse
Hillhouse

7/24/2024
Hillhouse
Hillhouse
We do a lot of personalization on items. Very Basic First Name, Last Name, maybe a department
The current setup we have is using the BLOCK NEW font. the text size can be between .30in to .18in depending on the name.

I notice some letter collapse in a, e, b, d, etc.)
Any suggestion on adjustments we can make to help that look cleaner or is there another better digitized font we can use/download that looks just like BLOCK NEW?
I have seen some items from competing shops and their font is ever so slightly different, so I am looking for some info!
0 link
TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch

7/24/2024
You might try 60wt thread and a 65/9 needle, or 75wt thread and a 60/8 needle. Going to a thinner thread you may need to increase the density, you may also need to adjust pull comp. Also try experimenting with density. I don't know if you use the .4 or the 63.5 or?? Just lessening/reducing the density a little might help if you're using 40wt thread.
+1 link
Hillhouse
Hillhouse

9/10/2024
Hillhouse
Hillhouse
Thanks! That helped out a little bit. But I am still having issues with say the letter "i" or "j". The dot above those letters are so close that the space between them closes and they turn into "l" or what not. Is it possible to edit the font itself - increase the spacing on things like that.

Any other sources to bring in fonts that are not included with Pulse?
0 link
TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch

9/11/2024
Pulse offers the ability to use True Type fonts, but they come in as fill stitches, and I gather you are looking for fonts that automatically digitize as satin stitch. I am not aware of any sources for fonts that you won't have to convert from fill to satin.
0 link
dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear

9/12/2024
dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
I also have issues with 'i' and 'j' from time to time, but I adjust the dots manually if they are too close. As for TrueType fonts, the conversion from Fill to Satin stitch doesn't take long; it only requires adjusting the stitch angles occasionally. For vertical alignment, I mainly use German Block New.. The dots, by the way, are positioned higher in this font and, when vertically aligned, they are well-trimmed on the sides.
0 link