pford1854

all messages by user

3/20/2021
Topic:
Windows Update Causing Issue with Print 3-D

pford1854
pford1854
Please let us know when a fix is available. This affects all my digitizing customers by limiting the PDF that I can normally print and send off to them. Thanks much!!! Paul Ford
3/20/2021
Topic:
Windows Update Causing Issue with Print 3-D

pford1854
pford1854
After installing updates released March 9, 2021 or March 15, 2021, you might get unexpected results when printing from some apps. Issues might include:

Elements of the document might print as solid black/color boxes or might be missing, including barcodes, QR codes, and graphics elements, such as logos.

Printing from some apps or to some printers might result in a blank page or label.

This issue is resolved in recent Mocrosoft Windows updates. Specifically KB5001649 which updates an issue that fails to print the graphical content in a document after installing the March 9, 2021 update.

I went through the standard Windows Update service, but after three attempts, it never would find, download, and install KB5001649 so I would up finding it manually. This is kind of a complex series of steps so I don't want to leave instructions. but basically, you have to download the correct version of KB5001649.msu file. Once you download it, double click on the file to manually install. Once installation is complete, and after you restart your computer, I was finally able to print 3D stitch sheets from my Pulse software.