dluxedivegear

all messages by user

4/27/2024
Topic:
Angle lines & more

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
We have recently switched from Wilcom to DG16, and I have different questions. 1) What does +/- mean in angle lines on the ends? 2) Which complex fill is preferred for flag designs in the small size of 20x30 mm max? 3) Can EMB files made in Wilcom 4.5 be opened in DG16?
4/27/2024
Topic:
Hot keys

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
I am looking for the hotkeys (working from a keyboard) for the following:

-Add anchor
-Convert to smooth
-Move a segment up/down, left/right.

🙏
4/29/2024
Topic:
Cut a hole / Adjustments to True fonts

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Hello,

1) Is there any possibility to cut a hole in a segment in the DG16 Creator version?

2) True Fonts - Is it possible to add additional angles lines once I convert into a segment, it still doesnt let me to add a few more angle lines.
4/29/2024
Topic:
AI Integration

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Is there any provision in the software to integrate AI into DG, especially in the digitizing block?
5/2/2024
Topic:
Cut a hole / Adjustments to True fonts

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Thank you for your feedback; however, it doesn't give me the result I need (please see the picture below). I have a square (Tatami pattern), and I need to cut out a circle inside or any other figure. Is this the correct way to achieve it?

5/2/2024
Topic:
Hot keys

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Thank you for the feedback.

The Vertex Tool with Ctrl+Left click works for me. Is there any keyboard combination for adding Anchor points?
5/6/2024
Topic:
Training videos - on start page

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Hello,
The start page in DG16 offers training videos. However, when I click on it, it always gives me the error below. How can this be fixed?
5/7/2024
Topic:
Guidelines in Templates

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Hello,

I mainly work with embroidery on narrow fabrics (polyester webbing 25 mm), and it is convenient for me to use guidelines. Each millimeter really matters to me. However, when I upload *.PFX files in Template Wizard, the guidelines disappear after generation. Could you please advise if it is not possible in DG16 to retain the guidelines as an essential part of the template? If not, is it possible to add this feature to DG17?

Additionally, do you have any other recommendations regarding embroidery on narrow woven fabrics - recipe, any other strategies etc? If there are any instructional videos available, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5/8/2024
Topic:
Guidelines in Templates

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Thanks for the feedback. I have the Creator version, but yes, I can try to build something up with the pen.
edited by dluxedivegear on 5/9/2024
5/28/2024
Topic:
Menu / Underlay

dluxedivegear
dluxedivegear
Hello,
I have a few questions:
  • MENU: In the Menu, under the Design section, the Text section always switches automatically to Design Property once any option is chosen. It doesn't stay locked.
  • UNDERLAY: I am working mainly with narrow fabrics—polyester webbing 25 mm / 50 mm. It is very sensitive to density and underlays as the webbing bends, especially on the embroidery of flags. The webbing also has a rough pattern.
  • I would like to obtain your recommendations on the density and type of underlay for letters and flags/icons to be used for narrow 25 mm polyester webbing. The recommended settings according to the available settings.
    I have been using the following settings for letters in Satin: 0.35 SPI, pull compensation 110%, and two underlays—Contour and Parallel, for woven fabrics.
    Thanks.
    edited by dluxedivegear on 5/28/2024
    edited by dluxedivegear on 5/29/2024
    edited by dluxedivegear on 5/29/2024
    5/29/2024
    Topic:
    DG17 is Now Available for Download!

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hello,

Thank you for the link. I have already installed the DG17, but I received a message stating that the security device needs an update. We contacted the distributor, but they did not advise us on what to do.

Could you please let me know if there is an extra cost for the security device update? Additionally, what is the general procedure for updating the security device and the software? Is it recommended to update, or is it optional and at our own discretion? If it's the latter, how long will you continue to support DG16?

Thank you.

6/5/2024
    Topic:
    Fixing Incorrect Start/End Points in Digitizing

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hello,
    My question is for the experts in digitizing.
    How can I fix the issue where the stitches start or end at incorrect points? I do not understand why this is happening. Many thanks

6/15/2024
    Topic:
    Guidelines/ Measuring Tool/ Draw Fusion/ More Reci

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hello,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for such great software for embroidery making. I am absolutely in love with it.

I have finally received an update for my security device and have been going through the new features available in my version - DG17 Creator. Some of them are really useful to me. So far, I have a few comments:

1) If possible, it would be helpful for the Measure tool to work with the +Shift key to measure at specific angles.
    2) I would like to see different colors for Guidelines (I need to mark different borders with different "meanings") and for the guidelines to remain after generation when used in a template.
    3) Draw Fusion. It would be great if the software could work with DRAW FUSION not only with Corel but also with Inkscape. As you understand, not everyone would want to purchase Corel in addition. However, since Inkscape has a free version, it extends the possibility to work with DG as well.
    4) More recipes - such as narrow fabric - webbing - from 1 inch + .

Thank you.
    6/20/2024
    Topic:
    AI Files

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    I cannot open many AI files in DG 17. What is the latest version of AI files it can open? Thanks
    6/21/2024
    Topic:
    AI Files

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hmm, I have just tried. It doesn't work. It doesn't give me an option to paste. I have no issue opening this file in Inkscape or any other vector software. I have attached the file to this message.

On another note, I also noticed that *.EMB files version 4.5 are still not opening in DG17. Will this ever be fixed? I have my entire archive in *.EMB files from the previous years we worked in Wilcom.
    6/21/2024
    Topic:
    Experiencing Delays and Segment Stuck Issues

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hello,

I am experiencing a couple of issues:

1) There is a significant delay when opening the TEXT properties. When I open a file with text and click on "TEXT" (already prepared embroidery file) it takes about 30-40 seconds to open the TEXT properties.

2) Commands directed to a specific SEGMENT are ignored after some time. After working on a file for a while, certain segments become "stuck"—it's not possible to delete them, change their color, etc. The issue is temporarily resolved by closing and reopening the file.

These issues did not occur in DG16 on the same PC and did not appear immediately after installing the new software. They began to occur 3-4 days after installation. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Any advice or solutions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    6/22/2024
    Topic:
    Disappearance of 'Text' Field in Text Properties

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Hello, the 'Text' field in the Text Properties suddenly disappeared. The issue is resolved by recreating the lettering.

6/24/2024
    Topic:
    AI Files

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    I have no AI, but I just opened this AI file in Inkscape, and after copying and pasting, it worked. Thank you.
    6/24/2024
    Topic:
    Experiencing Delays and Segment Stuck Issues

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    The issue with the segments, especially after frequently using 'Angles' and 'Virtual slices, ( as with this type of embroidery - the Flag of Wales below. I had to close and open the file several times to continue editing)

Additionally, I noticed that on a dark background ( or black), the measurements don't show.

6/24/2024
    Topic:
    Disappearance of 'Text' Field in Text Properties

dluxedivegear
    dluxedivegear
    Yes, it is a regular one. To be honest, it also comes as a surprise to me. I don't recall exactly what I did, but normally, I mainly change the spacing between the letters manually to get a better visual appearance or edit the text. There was no conversion into a segment and further editing; it was a standard new font. It looks like it always checks something before performing a command. This happened only once since I installed DG17, which I've been using for about a month. I use it every day to create new files with names, as we are an online shop with daily orders, creating 5-10 text files a day. The good thing is that so far DG17 is more stable on my PC, DG16 was crashing pretty often without any reason.