TheFinishingTouch

all messages by user

1/23/2024
Topic:
Cross-Hatch Fill Start/Stop

TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch
I hope I'm doing something wrong. When I have a design I wish to put on fleece or a beanie, etc., I like to create a knockdown stitch to hold the pile/fluff down. I create a BOUNDARY around the design as an object (not a "shape"), use a cross-hatch or a run stitch or even artwork as the border and then do a cross-hatch fill to create the knockdown stitching. My problem is... I cannot get the fill to sew from center out. Even if I try to move the start & stop beads, all they do is orbit the edge of the boundary. I'm unable to move them into the center of the knockdown field. How do I get the knockdown to sew center out instead of spiraling into the center from the outer edge? The same "problem" exists when I use a programmed fill (ie. 204) at a density of 10 spi. I am unable to have the start bead and stop bead anywhere inside the knockdown area. They will only sit on the outer edge of the segment. Is there a way to get the start/stop off of the edge?
edited by TheFinishingTouch on 1/23/2024
edited by TheFinishingTouch on 1/24/2024
1/28/2024
Topic:
DG 16 Maestro 16.5.2.7640

TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch
Is it possible to have a START point inside of a "knock-down" segment when using a cross-hatch fill or another fill, such as 204? Currently when creating a boundary and then "filling" it for knock-down purposes, the start is on the edge, causing the fill pattern to "spiral down" into the center. Can that be reversed so as to start in the center and "spriral out"?
2/16/2024
Topic:
Script Errors for PulseCloud on New Computer

TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch
We have DG16 and the latest download has not corrected the scripts issue. PulseCloud continues to try to open in Internet Explorer rather than Edge or Chrome. I have found that if I right click on the link for a PulseCloud article and select "open in a new window" I avoid the scripts error messages. Certainly not a "fix", but a work-around.
14 days ago
Topic:
Hot keys

TheFinishingTouch
TheFinishingTouch
To move a selected segment, use "ALT+Arrow Keys".